October 25, 2009

Masquerading in Savannah

Papa and I went to a cool fundraising event for Union Mission here in Savannah. It was a Masquerade Ball in an art gallery called 2 car garage. Actually, it should be named 2 floors/steep steps/no working elevator gallery! It was fun to dress up a whole week ahead of Halloween! Costumes were fun: from roaring 20s, to pirates, to uh, a guy with a baby strapped to his belly??? NO vampires, Christina, which surprised me! Afterwards, Papa and I sat outside in a cafe and watched the street crowd. They might not have been dressed as fancy, but some certainly were just as weird, no, weirder!, than those at the ball. I think that's why we love Savannah, it's so, it's so, it's soooooooooooo Savannah! PS: Clint Eastwood in town directing a Civil War movie called Conspirator. Every time we hear BOOM! I have to remind myself we are not under attack, at least I hope not!

No comments:

Post a Comment