September 15, 2009

Something in Common

Most folks know that I had extremely poor vision as a child and did not get eyeglasses until ninth grade...and learned I had freckles! And that I could now read a STOP SIGN! However, I was blown away by this sweet email from a young reader. Is there anything better than to get a letter or note or email and learn that you have made a difference in a child's life? I sure don't think so! From the reader: Why I would be a good character: when I was in PK and K, I had a difficult time learning to read. Four years ago, my speech teacher at school thought that I might have a vision problem. My mom and dad took me to Tallahassee, FL to an optometrist who specializes in focusing and tracking of the eyes. To find out, my eyes were like popcorn on the page I was trying to read. My eyes would not stay focused on any certain letter, or word. After 1 1/2 years of my dad taking me to Tallahassee, FL once a week for eye therapy and working with my speech teacher every morning at 7:15 A.M. - 7:45 A.M., the Carol Marsh mysteries is my first chapter book that I have read by myself. I have purchased many of the mysteries and about to complete my second book. Thanks, Carol Marsh, for writing the mysteries. I LOVE THEM!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment